◾Boiled, Peeled and Chopped Potato – 4 medium size
◾Chopped Capsicum (cube size) – 1 medium size
◾Chopped Onions – 1/2 cup.
◾Ginger – Garlic paste – 1 tbsp.
◾Salt to taste
◾Vegetable oil / Butter – 2 tbsp.
◾A pinch of Turmeric powder
◾Whole Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
◾Rad Chili powder / Chopped green chili (as per your taste)
◾Sugar – 1/2 tsp.(optional)
◾Garam masala – 1/2 tsp.
◾Dry Mango powder (Amchur powder) – 1/2 tsp
◾Whole Coriander seeds and Whole Fennel seeds (Saunf) – 1 tbsp. (Roasted and Grind)
◾Chopped Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup.
1.Heat Vegetable Oil into the pan on medium heat.
2. Add cumin seeds, fry for few seconds.
3. Add chopped onions, cook till they turn soft and tender.
4. Add potatoes, Ginger – Garlic paste, fry till they start turning light brown and crisp.
5. Add salt, Garam masala, Turmeric powder, Red chili powder, mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add Capsicum and mix well.
7.Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes.
8. Add the coarsely ground powder, sugar and mix them well.
9. Let it cook on medium heat for about 1-2 minutes.
10. Once the curry is ready, turn off the heat, transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
11. Serve with Roties or paratha. Enjoy !!!
- Basmati rice (Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes.) – 1 cup
- Ghee / Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Bay leaves – 1-2
- Clove – 2-3
- Green cardamom – 1-2
- Star anise – 1
- Onions (cut into length wise) – 1/2 cup
For garnishing – Fried onions, chopped coriander
- Heat a pan on medium heat and ghee to a pan.
- Add Bay leaf, Clove, Green cardamom, Star anise, and fry for a min.
- Add cashew, raisin and fry till lightly golden in color.
- Add onions (cut into length wise) fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add drained rice and fry for for minutes.
- Add 1.75 cup water, salt as per your taste,
- If you want you can add sliced chilly.
- Mix well, cover and let it boil.
- Cook until all water has evaporated.
- You can check once or twice while the rice is cooking.
- Open the lid and fluff up.
- Ghee Rice is ready.
- Garnish with fried onions, chopped coriander leaves and serve..
Very tasty…try this at home…
- Cottage cheese/Paneer –2 cup (cube size)
- Tomato sauce –2 tbsp
- Chopped onions –1/2 cup
- Chopped capsicum –1/2 cup
- Garlic cloves –7-8
- Whole red chilli (you can take any kind of chilli) as per your taste
- Sugar(optional) –1/2 tsp
- Vegetable oil –1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds –1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 6-7
- Transfer the garlic, red chilli, tomato sauce, sugar, salt in a mixer jar.
- Add little water and grind it to smooth paste.
- Heat a pan, add oil, curry leaves and cumin seeds, cook for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- After 2 minutes add chopped capsicum and cook for few minutes.
- Add paneer cubes into the pan cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Keep stirring time to time.
- After 1-2 minutes add paste and mix all together, cook for few minutes.
- Spicy garlic paneer is ready, serve hot with your meals.