This is a popular street food of Mumbai, which is fast to prepare and very delicious to eat. This recipe is usually prepared on tava that’s why this is called as Tava pulao, but if you don’t have big tava available at your home then you can also prepare this on a pan.
- Cooked rice – 1 or 2 cups.
- Butter/vegetable oil – 2 tsp.
- Cumin seeds –1 tsp.
- Curry leaves – 7-8 (optional)
- Chopped onions – 1
- Tomato medium size (chopped) – 2-3
- Green chili – 2 (as per your taste)
- Bell pepper (capsicum) chopped – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup
- Boiled, peeled and chopped potato – 1 cup
- Green peas – ½ cup
- Salt – (as per your taste)
- Pav bhaji masala/sambar masala – 2 tsp
- Groundnuts or cashew nuts – ½ cup
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Heat a pan add oil into the pan, add cumin seeds, curry leaves, groundnuts or cashew fry it for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions cook for few seconds on medium flame.
- Add chopped capsicum, boiled potato, boiled peas and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- After 5-6 minutes add salt, turmeric powder, green chili, chopped tomato, Pav bhaji masala, cover the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add boiled rice, mix well cover the pan and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- After cooking for 2-3 minutes tomato rice is ready, add chopped coriander leaves and mix it.
- Mumbai Tava pulao is ready to serve.