Skip to content
- Sooji (Rava or semolina) – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Vegetable Oil – 1 tsp.
- A pinch of Kalonji / Fennel Seeds (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Rice or Wheat flour for dusting
- Add water into the pan on medium heat, let it boil.
- When it start boil add salt to taste, vegetable oil, Kalonji and Sooji to the water while continuously stirring to avoid lumps.
- When the water and sooji are well mix, switch off the heat, cover and let it rest till cool.
- When sooji dough cools down but a little more than warm, knead it like dough with lightly oiled hands.
- If dough is sticking on your palm you can grease your palm with oil or water.
- Divide into equally portions and roll them into chapati shaped with the use of Rice flour or wheat Flour for dusting.
- Heat the Tawa or Pan on medium heat.
- Cook the rotis on a tava on one side for about 2 minutes or wait for the small air bubbles.
- Flip and cook other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Take it out, Increase the heat and allow the roti to puff directly on the heat.
- Remove and do the same process for reaming dough.
- Serve with any kind of vegetable curry, Dal and Pickles.