Skip to content
- Whole milk –1 liter
- Lemon or vinegar
- Bring the milk to boil on medium heat.
- When milk comes to boil, switch off the heat.
- Add the lemon juice or vinegar and gently stir the milk.
- If the milk does not curdle within a short while, add little more vinegar.
- Place Muslin or Cotton cloth over the container.
- Pour the curdle milk into the muslin cloth, drain all the water and squeeze off excess water.
- You can use this water later for preparation of roti/chapati or paratha dough or in vegetable curries.
- Add little water to the paneer, while the paneer is still in the muslin cloth to wash away the lemon flavor.
- Keep the muslin cloth on a plate, place a heavy object on it for the paneer to set.
- Allow the paneer to set for about 20-25 minutes.
- After 20-25 minutes remove the cloth from the paneer and cut it to cubes.
- Paneer is ready to use….
- Rava/Semolina/Sooji – 1 cup
- Powder Sugar – 3/4 cup (as per your taste)
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom( Elachi) powder – 1/4 tea spoon
- All purpose Flour / Maida –1 tbsp.
- Vegetable oil / butter – 1/2 cup
- Tutti Fruity –2 tbsp.
- Curd / Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder –1 tsp.
- Sand (Balu)– 2 cups, for baking purpose
- Whisk the curd slowly and add vegetable oil, rava, sugar and mix it well.
- Add half of milk & mix it well.
- Add Maida & whisk slowly.
- Cover lid and rest it for 15-20 min, after 15-20 min whisk again.
- Add Elachi powder, baking powder mix it well for few seconds.
- If required you can add reaming milk & bring Rava mix to pouring consistency.
- Grease cake tin with little oil / butter.
- Add Sand (Balu) in cooker, spread in evenly and heat it for 5 minutes on high heat.
- Pour half of the cake batter into cake tin.
- Remove Gasket & Whistle of pressure cooker.
- Place cake tin, close cooker lid and cook on low heat for 30-35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes remove lid and insert a toothpick at the center of the cake, if it comes out clean it means your cake is ready.
- If you want you can add more Tutti fruity on the top.
- Once Rava cake is cool down completely, take the cake out of the cooker.
- Rava cake is ready to serve.
Testy and Yummy…
- Chopped pineapple pieces -1 cup
- Sugar –1 cup
- Lemon juice –2 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick/powder –1/2 inch
- Yellow food color (optional)
- Cloves -2
- Cut the pineapple in small pieces and grind them in mixer.
- Take the finely grinded pineapple into a hot pan and add sugar, cinnamon, cloves and yellow color mix all together and cook on medium flame.
- Keep stirring every 1-2 minutes continuously, cook it till it gets thick.
- Switch off the flame, take out the cinnamon sticks and cloves from the jam.
- Now add lemon juice, mix well.
- Pineapple jam is ready, let it cool down completely and then keep it in airtight jar for storage.