Skip to content
- Sesame seeds or poppy seeds – 1tsp.
- Coconut / cashew nuts – 1 tbsp.
- Ground nuts – 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Bay leaf – 1-2
- Cumin seeds / Jeera – 1tsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp.
- Cubed Capsicum / bell pepper – 2 cups (any two color)
- Onion cubed – 1 cup
- Finely chopped onion – 1 cup
- Chopped tomatoes – 1 cup
- Ginger-garlic grated/paste -1/2 cup
- Garam masala powder – 1tsp.
- Red chilli powder as per your taste
- Kasuri methi / dried fenugreek leaves -1 tsp.
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp.
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp.
- Heat a pan add peanuts, coconut, poppy seeds and cook on low heat until it turns golden color.
- Add roasted ingredients into the jar and blend to a fine powder.
- Add 2 tbsp oil into the pan, add capsicum, onions and fry on a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp oil into the kadhi on medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, bay leaves cook for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion, ginger – garlic paste cook for few minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt to taste, red chilli powder , turmeric powder and fry till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add 2 tbsp roasted fine powder from the jar and mix well.
- You can store rest of the mixture in refrigerator to be used later for curries.
- Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add fried capsicum, garam masala, 1 cup water and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add kasuri methi, mix well and cook for few minutes.
- Capsicum masala curry is ready to serve..
- You can serve capsicum masala curry with pulav, chapathi or any of your favorite dish.
- Black pepper powder – 2 tsp
- Dry Ginger powder – 2-3 tsp
- Nutmeg / jaiphal powder –1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Cloves powder – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds powder – 1 tsp
- Take a bowl add all the ingredients mix well.
- Keep the masala powder in the air tight container and use when required.