Skip to content
- All purpose flour/Maida –2 cups
- Salt to taste – 1/2 tsp.
- Ajwain seeds (carom ) – 1/2 tsp.
- Dry fenugreek leaves / kasuri methi – 1/2 tsp.
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Take a bowl mix everything well and add 1 tbsp oil..
- Using water knead into a stiff dough.
- Once done, cover the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough in equal portion and roll-out the dough into half centimeter
- Using knife cut the disc into different shapes and sizes.
- For my recipe I am showing 3 different shapes.
- First shape as a square, Second shape I am as crescent (cashew) shape using bottle cap, and my third shape I am cutting in thin stripes.
- Heat sufficient oil in the kadhai on medium flame and deep fry them until it turns in golden color.
- Repeat the same for other shapes.
- Namak pare is ready to serve.
- Once its cool down store in airtight jar.
- Whole wheat flour/ all purpose flour – 1 cup
- Sugar as per your taste
- Ghee / Vegetable oil – to fry malpua
- Pistachio / pista for garnishing
- Coconut powder – 1 tbsp.
- Fennel seeds (Saunf) – 1 tsp.
- Take a bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Now add water, make thin batter and whisk the batter nicely for 4-5 minutes.
- Batter is now ready with pouring consistency.
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil into the kadhai on medium heat.
- Pour 1/2 cup batter at one time and fry until it gets golden brown from both the sides.
- Flip the side once it floats at the surface.
- Once malpua is cooked from both sides, take it out in a plate.
- You can garnish with pistachios and serve with curries or pickles, etc.