- Basmati rice (Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes.) – 1 cup
- Ghee / Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Bay leaves – 1-2
- Clove – 2-3
- Green cardamom – 1-2
- Star anise – 1
- Onions (cut into length wise) – 1/2 cup
For garnishing – Fried onions, chopped coriander
- Heat a pan on medium heat and ghee to a pan.
- Add Bay leaf, Clove, Green cardamom, Star anise, and fry for a min.
- Add cashew, raisin and fry till lightly golden in color.
- Add onions (cut into length wise) fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add drained rice and fry for for minutes.
- Add 1.75 cup water, salt as per your taste,
- If you want you can add sliced chilly.
- Mix well, cover and let it boil.
- Cook until all water has evaporated.
- You can check once or twice while the rice is cooking.
- Open the lid and fluff up.
- Ghee Rice is ready.
- Garnish with fried onions, chopped coriander leaves and serve..