- Seedless dates (khajur) – 1 cup (cut into small pieces)
If you have dates with seed then remove the seeds before preparation
For stuffing –
- Mix dry fruits (as per your choice)-
Almonds, Cashew nuts, dry coconut, and pistachio (Pista).
- Milk for prepare dough
- Food color – green, yellow
- Chopped cashew nuts
- Roasted poppy seeds (khas khas) – for coating.
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp.
- Add all the dry fruits into grinder jar to make fine powder.
- Divide the powder into two equal parts to prepare two types of stuffing.
- In first part add cardamom powder, sugar as per you taste and chopped cashew & mix well.
- Add yellow food color & with the help of milk make a soft dough.
- Repeat the same for other part of the dough with green color.
- Dough is ready we will use this for stuffing.
- Heat ghee or butter in the kadhai on low heat.
- Add chopped dates, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Keep stirring continuously.
- After 2 minutes turn off the heat, take out the mixture in a plate and let it cool down.
- Once it cools down shape the dates into a ball.
- Apply ghee/oil on the surface and roll the dates using rolling pin.
- Cut the flattened roll into two equal parts.
- Roll the green stuffing in the same way and cut into two equal halves.
- Take half of the yellow stuffing and roll it into cylindrical shape.
- Place all the stuffing on the dates roll and with the help of our hand cover it properly.
- Sprinkle roasted poppy seeds on the surface and roll it properly.
- Roll is ready, wrap the roll into plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Repeat the same for other half of the dates roll.
- Keep it in fridge for 1 hour, so it can settle down.
- After an hour remove plastic wrap from dates roll and cut the roll into slices.
- Dates delight is ready to serve.
- Keep it in fridge and use.
Bread paneer vegetable roll recipe is good idea for kids tiffin box. This is not only delicious but also full of health benefits I am sure your kids will like this.
- Paneer/ cottage cheese(crumbled) – 1 cup
- White/brown slices of bread – 6
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil/butter
- Pizza sauce –2 tbsp
- All purpose flour(Maida) /corn starch–1 tbsp
- Chopped carrots –1/2 cup
- Green peas –1/2 cup
- Chopped onions –1/2 cup
- Ginger-Garlic paste (optional)
- Chopped green chilli (optional)
You can use any kind of vegetables (beans, capsicum, etc.)
- Heat a pan on medium flame, add oil and chopped onions sauté for few minutes. (If you are using ginger-garlic you can add now with onions)
- Add chopped carrot and green peas, sauté them until it turns golden in color.
- Add crumbled paneer and salt cook for few minutes.
- After few minutes add pizza sauce mix all together and cook for few minutes. Once this is ready turn off the flame let it cool down.
- Trim the edges of the breads.
- Make a thin paste of the Maida with little water, brush the edge of the bread with this paste. Place a mixture on the edge of the bread, press the edges from all sides to seal the edges.
- Heat a pan with butter and sallow fry all the breads roll till they turn golden brown in color on both the sides.
- You can also bake the bread rolls instead of frying.
- Bread paneer vegetable roll is ready, serve with tomato ketchup.