Skip to content
- Makhana (lotus seeds) – 50 gram
- Oil / Ghee – 1 tsp.
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp.
- Salt or black salt to taste
- Curry leaves – 7-8
- Ground nuts or cashew nuts – 1 tbsp.
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Heat a pan add oil, curry leaves and cook for few minutes on low heat.
- After few minutes add makhana on low heat for 8-9 minutes or till crunchy.
- Now add pinch of turmeric powder mix well.
- After 8-9 minutes turn off the heat and put the makhana into the bowl.
- Now heat a pan add ground nuts and roast for few minutes or till crunchy.
- Now Add roasted ground nuts into the bowl.
- Add black salt, black pepper and mix well.
- Fried Makhana is ready to serve or store in airtight container.
- Okra (Bhindi)-15 to 20 pieces
- Chickpeas flour (Besan)-2 tbsp
- Rice flour -1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder -1 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste -1 tbsp
- Gram masala powder-1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil as needed
- Turmeric powder -1 tsp
- Cut the bhindi/okra length wise.
- Add besan, rice flour, salt to taste, Turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, gram masala powder, red chilli powder and Vegetable oil-1tsp into the bowl, and mix well.
- If required you can add little water also.
- Mix them nicely until they get coated on the okra.
- Heat oil in a pan/kadhai on medium heat.
- Place okra in the oil gently.
- Fry until it becomes crispy and brown in color.
- Keep tossing and flipping the okra.
- Take them out once they become brown in color.
- Bhindi/okra Fry is ready to serve.