- Green chilly slice
- Cauliflower florets – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
For batter –
- Corn flour / Cornstarch – 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour (maida) – 1/2 cup
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Soya sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Red chili sauce – 2 tbsp.
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp.
- Honey – 2 tbsp.
- Vinegar –1 tbsp.
- Ginger – Garlic paste – 1 tbsp.
- Chopped garlic – 1 tbsp.
- Chopped spring onions white and greens – 1/2 cup
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
For the garnish –
White Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp.
- Add Corn flour, Maida, black pepper and Salt into a bowl.
- Pour water to make a thick batter consistency.
- Add the Cauliflower florets and coat them in the batter well.
- Heat vegetable oil in a kadhai / pan on medium heat.
- When the vegetable oil turns hot, drop the batter coated Cauliflower florets in the hot oil.
- Fry them until the Cauliflower florets turn crispy and golden in color.
- Drain them to a kitchen towel.
- Heat a vegetable oil into the other pan on medium heat.
- Add chopped garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add spring onions and sauté for few minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, soya sauce, vinegar, and salt to taste.
- Mix well and cook for few minutes.
- Add chilly paste, Honey and little water, mix well.
- Add the fried Cauliflower florets ,toss gently.
- Cook on a high heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle White Sesame seeds and mix.
- Turn off the heat.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion.