Skip to content
- Beetroot (peeled and grated) – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Chopped onion – 1/2 cup
- Green chilly or red chilly powder (as per your taste)
- Boiled potatoes (cut into small pieces) – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Cinnamon stick – 1/2 inch
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) – 1/2 tsp.
- Heat a pan/kadhai on medium heat.
- Add oil, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick and sauté well.
- Add chopped onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add boiled potato, salt to taste, turmeric powder and green chilly.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add grated beetroot and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes, open the lid, mix well and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Cook till beetroot becomes soft.
- Switch off the heat, beetroot dry curry is ready.
- You can adjust salt and chilly according to your taste.
- Rice flour –1 cup
- All purpose flour (Maida) or Whole wheat flour –1/2 cup
- Sugar –1/2 cup (as per your taste)
- Overripe bananas or ripe bananas– 2
- Sesame seeds (white til ) –1 tbsp.
- Oil for deep- frying
- Baking powder – 1 tbsp. (optional)
- Coconut powder or grated – 1/3 cup
- Peel the bananas and mash with fork or spoon.
- Add all the ingredients into the bowl and mix well.
- Add some water to make thick paste.
- Refrigerate for 20 –25 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan/kadhai on medium flame.
- Take small portion of the paste and drop in hot oil.
- Deep fry banana fritters in hot oil until crisp and golden.
- Keep tossing and flipping.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Repeat to make the rest of it.
- Banana fritters is ready to serve.
- Almonds/Badam – 1 cup (soak the almonds in water for 2- 3 hours and peel)
- Sugar – 1/3 cup (as per your taste)
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Clarified butter/ghee – for greasing
- Saffron/Kesar (optional)
- Add some water and Grind peeled almonds in to fine paste.
- Prepare a fine paste of almonds in the grinder.
- Heat the kadhai/non-stick pan and add water and sugar.
- Mix well and let the water boil.
- Prepare sugar syrup and check with your fingers it should be 1 string.
- Once sugar syrup is ready add almonds paste , saffron (optional) and keep stirring it and cook it on medium to low flame.
- Keep cooking it for some more time until it becomes thick paste.
- Switch off the heat.
- Apply a little ghee in the plate, place the almonds mixture and then spread it evenly across the plate.
- keep the plate in the freezer for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour take out the plate and cut it into pieces as per the shape of your choice.
- Almonds Barfi/Katli is ready to serve.
- Cooked Dal (you can use moong dal, yellow lentil dal ) – 1 cup.
- Chopped tomatoes – 1 cup.
- Finely chopped garlic – 1 tea spoon.
- Chopped onions – 1/2 cup.
- Dry whole chilly – 1( as per your taste).
- Salt to taste.
- Mustard/cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp.
- Asafetida/hing powder – 2 pinch.
- Gram masala powder – 1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil/butter – 1-2 tbsp.
- Drumstick leaves (clean and wash)- 1 cup.
- Heat oil into the pan on medium flame.
- Add cumin/mustard seeds, dry chilly and fry till it changes color.
- Add chopped onions, chopped garlic and cook till its become soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt to taste and hing, mix well and cook for few minutes.
- Add drumstick leaves, mix well and cook for few minutes.
- Add cooked dal, gram masala and mix well.
- Cover and bring it to boil.
- After 1-2 minutes Turn off the flame, healthy drumsticks leaves dal is ready to serve, you can adjust salt or spice as per your taste.
- Place the soak 1/2 cup dal along with 2 cups water, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder in a pressure cooker.
- Cover and pressure cook on high heat for 3-4 whistles.
- Remove from heat and mash the dal.