- Almonds/Badam – 1 cup (soak the almonds in water for 2- 3 hours and peel)
- Sugar – 1/3 cup (as per your taste)
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Clarified butter/ghee – for greasing
- Saffron/Kesar (optional)
- Add some water and Grind peeled almonds in to fine paste.
- Prepare a fine paste of almonds in the grinder.
- Heat the kadhai/non-stick pan and add water and sugar.
- Mix well and let the water boil.
- Prepare sugar syrup and check with your fingers it should be 1 string.
- Once sugar syrup is ready add almonds paste , saffron (optional) and keep stirring it and cook it on medium to low flame.
- Keep cooking it for some more time until it becomes thick paste.
- Switch off the heat.
- Apply a little ghee in the plate, place the almonds mixture and then spread it evenly across the plate.
- keep the plate in the freezer for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour take out the plate and cut it into pieces as per the shape of your choice.
- Almonds Barfi/Katli is ready to serve.