- Dry whole red chilly – 10 – 12
- Cauliflower florets – 2 cups
- Whole garlic cloves – 9-10
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
For batter –
- Corn flour / Corn starch – 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour (maida) – 1/2 cup
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Soya sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp.
- Vinegar –1 tbsp.
- Chopped onion – 1/2 cup
- Chopped garlic – 1 tbsp.
- Chopped spring onions white and greens – 1/2 cup
- Green capsicum (cut into lengthwise)- 1 cup
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
for the garnish –
Chopped spring onion
- Soak the red chilies in hot water for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the steam from the chilies and put into the mixer jar.
- Add whole garlic and sugar into the mixer jar.
- Blind them will with 2 tbsp (tablespoon) of water to a smooth paste.
- Chilly paste is ready.
- Add corn flour, maida, black pepper and salt into a bowl.
- Pour water to make a thick batter consistency.
- Add the cauliflower florets and coat them in the batter well.
- Heat vegetable oil in a kadhai on medium heat.
- When the oil turns hot, drop the batter coated cauliflower florets in the hot oil.
- Fry them until the cauliflower florets turn crispy and golden in color.
- Drain them to a kitchen towel.
- Heat a vegetable oil into the other pan on medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and chopped garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add green capsicum and spring onions and sauté for few minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, soya sauce, vinegar, and salt to taste.
- Mix well and cook for few minutes.
- Add chilly paste and little water, mix well.
- Add little water to corn flour (1 tsp), make a paste and mix well.
- Cook for few minutes.
- Add the fried cauliflower florets ,toss gently.
- Cook on a high heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion.