For roasted cumin powder-
- Whole cumin seeds – 1 cup
- Heat a pan on medium flame, add cumin seeds, roast till it turns light brown in color.
- Keep stirring, otherwise cumin seeds will get burnt.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Transfer the roasted cumins in a mixer jar and grind it to fine powder.
- Keep the powder in the air tight container and use as required.
For red chilli powder-
- Whole dried red chilli (you can take any kind of chilli) – 1 cup
- Remove the stem of the chillies.
- Heat a pan, roast the chillies for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Let it cool down completely, transfer the roasted red chilli in a mixer jar and grind it to fine powder.
- Wait for 5 minutes before you open the mixer jar cover.
- Red chilli powder is ready, keep the powder in the air tight container and use as required.