Skip to content
- Grated Bottle Gourd (Lauki) – 2 cup
- Mawa / Milk Powder/ Khoya – 1/2 cup
- Sugar -1 cup (as per your taste)
- Muskmelon Seeds – 1 tbsp.
- Chopped Pistachios (any kind of dry fruits) – 1 tbsp.
- Coconut Powder – 1 tbsp.
- Green cardamom powder (Elaichi) – 1 tsp.
- Food color green (as per your choice)
- Ghee / butter – 2 tsp.
- Add sugar into the grated bottle gourd, mix well.
- Cover and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add ghee into the heated pan and allow it to melt.
- Add bottle gourd mixture and cook 10-15 minutes on medium heat.
- Keep stirring intermittently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add mawa, cardamom powder, color, muskmelon seeds and cook till its becomes dry.
- Once sugar is almost dissolved & becomes thick, turn off the heat.
- Take out the mixture & spread it evenly across the tray.
- Sprinkle coconut powder, pistachio on the top and press it gently.
- Keep the tray in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour take out the tray and cut it into pieces as per your choice.
- Bottle Gourd Barfi is ready to serve.
- Seedless dates (khajur) – 1 cup, if you have dates with seed then remove the
seeds before preparation
- Cardamom powder or nutmeg powder – 1 tsp.
- Ghee/butter -1 tbsp.
- Mix dry fruits (as per your choice)-
- Chopped almonds – 1 tbsp.
- Chopped cashew nuts – 1 tbsp.
- Muskmelon seeds -1 tbsp.
- Chopped pistachio (Pista) – 1 tbsp.
- Pistachio (Pista) length wise – 2 tbsp for coating.
- Cut all the dates into small pieces.
- Heat ghee or butter in the kadhai on low heat.
- Add chopped almonds, cashew, pista and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- After a minute add muskmelon seeds and fry for few minutes.
- Add chopped dates, cardamom powder and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Keep stirring continuously.
- After 2 minutes turn off the heat, take out the mixture in a plate and let it cool down.
- Thoroughly mix everything with your hands.
- Roll the mix into cylindrical shape and coat with pistachio (pista).
- Spread pista in a plate and coat it properly.
- Using plastic wrap or aluminum foil wrap the roll and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- After an hour remove aluminum foil from dates roll and cut the roll into slices.
- Dates Barfi is ready to serve.
- You can wrap khajur barfi with aluminum foil or chocolate paper.
- Note- You can also make Dates laddu by taking small portion of mix in your hand, rolling them into small laddoo and coat with pistachio.
- Mango puree – 1 cup
- Whole milk –1 cup
- Dry milk powder –1 cup
- Fresh Cream –1 cup
- Powder sugar (as per your taste)
- Chopped mango pieces – 2 tbsp.
- Place milk, sugar, mango puree, milk powder and cream in a blender jar and blend well until it becomes smooth.
- Pour into a container and mix the mango pieces.
- Mix properly and close the container.
- Keep it in the freezer for 7-8 hours.
- Mango ice cream is frozen and ready.
- Serve chilled.
- You can also garnish with chocolate syrup before serving.
- Chena / Cottage cheese -1 cup
- Sugar (as per your taste)
- Whole milk – 1 liter
- Sliced dry fruits (as per your choice)
- Saffron (optional)- For color and aroma
- Put chena on the plate and using your hand press for 5-6 minutes until chena becomes completely smooth (You can use blender also).
- Take the small portions of chena in your hand and shape them into small balls.
- Roll the chena balls between your palms, flatten it slightly and keep all of them in a plate.
- Prepare rest of chena balls in the same way.
- To make flavored milk, bring the whole milk to boil in a pan on high to low heat.
- Once milk is boiled, reduce the heat to medium temperature.
- Keep stirring to avoid the milk sticking to the bottom of the container.
- When the milk become thicker, add sugar and cardamom powder to the milk.
- You can use saffron instead of cardamom powder if you want.
- Flavored milk is ready, turn off the stove.
- In another utensil add sugar and water, cook till sugar is completely dissolved.
- When chasni started boiling, put chena balls in boiling chashni and cook for 15-20 minutes on high heat.
- Turn off the stove. Chena balls is ready, let it cool down completely.
- In the final step take each chena balls from the sugar syrup and dip the chena balls to concentrated flavored milk.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- After 2 minutes turn off the heat, Rasmalai is ready.
- Garnish with dry fruits and serve cold.
- Raw (kaccha) Mango – 1/3 cup
- Ripe (pakka) Mango – 1 cup
- Sugar (as per your taste)
- Heat a pan, add mangoes and 2 cups of water.
- Cover the lid, cook on medium heat for 6-7 minutes.
- The mangoes has become soft, turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- Strain it with strainer.
- Take a grinder jar, add cooked mangoes and grind it into a smooth puree.
- Mango puree is ready..
- Mix puree with mango water and mix well.
- Adjust water and sugar as per the desired consistency.
- Strain again with strainer.
- Mango Frooti is ready, keep it into fridge for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour serve chill with some ice cubes and garnish with mango pieces.
- Grated coconut powder – 1 cup
- Sweetened Condensed milk – ½ cup
- Food color – yellow, red, etc.
- Ghee or Butter – 1 tsp.
- Heat a pan/ Kadhai on low heat.
- Add grated coconut powder, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Take out 2 tbsp coconut powder for coating.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and mix well.
- Keep stirring continuously.
- Add ghee and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes turn off the heat.
- Let the mixture cool down slightly till it’s cold enough to hold with your hands.
- Now divide the coconut mix into three equal part.
- Take one part to make white ladoo, mix red color in another part to make red ladoo and mix yellow color in the remaining to make yellow ladoo.
- Take small portion of colored coconut mix, roll them into small ball and coat all the ladoo with grated coconut.
- Coconut ladoo is ready to serve.
- Sesame seeds or poppy seeds – 1tsp.
- Coconut / cashew nuts – 1 tbsp.
- Ground nuts – 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Bay leaf – 1-2
- Cumin seeds / Jeera – 1tsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp.
- Cubed Capsicum / bell pepper – 2 cups (any two color)
- Onion cubed – 1 cup
- Finely chopped onion – 1 cup
- Chopped tomatoes – 1 cup
- Ginger-garlic grated/paste -1/2 cup
- Garam masala powder – 1tsp.
- Red chilli powder as per your taste
- Kasuri methi / dried fenugreek leaves -1 tsp.
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp.
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp.
- Heat a pan add peanuts, coconut, poppy seeds and cook on low heat until it turns golden color.
- Add roasted ingredients into the jar and blend to a fine powder.
- Add 2 tbsp oil into the pan, add capsicum, onions and fry on a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp oil into the kadhi on medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, bay leaves cook for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion, ginger – garlic paste cook for few minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt to taste, red chilli powder , turmeric powder and fry till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add 2 tbsp roasted fine powder from the jar and mix well.
- You can store rest of the mixture in refrigerator to be used later for curries.
- Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add fried capsicum, garam masala, 1 cup water and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add kasuri methi, mix well and cook for few minutes.
- Capsicum masala curry is ready to serve..
- You can serve capsicum masala curry with pulav, chapathi or any of your favorite dish.