This is a popular street food of Mumbai, which is fast to prepare and very delicious to eat. This recipe is usually prepared on tava that’s why this is called as Tava pulao, but if you don’t have big tava available at your home then you can also prepare this on a pan.
- Cooked rice – 1 or 2 cups.
- Butter/vegetable oil – 2 tsp.
- Cumin seeds –1 tsp.
- Curry leaves – 7-8 (optional)
- Chopped onions – 1
- Tomato medium size (chopped) – 2-3
- Green chili – 2 (as per your taste)
- Bell pepper (capsicum) chopped – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup
- Boiled, peeled and chopped potato – 1 cup
- Green peas – ½ cup
- Salt – (as per your taste)
- Pav bhaji masala/sambar masala – 2 tsp
- Groundnuts or cashew nuts – ½ cup
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Heat a pan add oil into the pan, add cumin seeds, curry leaves, groundnuts or cashew fry it for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions cook for few seconds on medium flame.
- Add chopped capsicum, boiled potato, boiled peas and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- After 5-6 minutes add salt, turmeric powder, green chili, chopped tomato, Pav bhaji masala, cover the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add boiled rice, mix well cover the pan and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- After cooking for 2-3 minutes tomato rice is ready, add chopped coriander leaves and mix it.
- Mumbai Tava pulao is ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 30-35 min
Serving: 4-5 person
- Marie Biscuits or any other brand light taste biscuit – 2oo gm
- Unsweetened coco powder – 3 tsp
- Instant Coffee powder – 1 tsp
- Butter – 3 tsp
- Greeted coconut powder – 1 cup
- Sugar powder – 2 tsp
- Sweetened condensed milk – 2 tsp
- Put the Biscuits in a zip lock and use a rolling pin to crush the Biscuits into fine powder (you can also use blender).
- Add crushed biscuits, unsweetened coco powder, coffee powder, butter- 2 tsp, and condensed milk in a bowl and mix them well to make soft dough. Keep it aside in a separate container.
- Add coconut powder, sugar, butter- 1 tsp in a bowl and mix well. Once the coconut mixture is ready, keep it aside.
- Take the biscuit dough prepared above on a plastic wrap and roll it out with rolling pin (belna). Do not roll the biscuit layer very thin.
- Spread the coconut mix on the biscuits layer and roll both the layers along with the plastic wrap.
- Now wrap the flattened dough, as shown in the picture below.
- Keep the Choco biscuit/Swiss roll in fridge for 2-3 hours.
- After 2-3 hours cut the roll into slices and serve.
Very tasty….try it your home..
Preparation time: 60-65 minutes
Serving: 13-14 balls
- Oreo biscuits- 20-25 piece
- Cheese cream/unsweetened condensed milk- ¾ cup
- White chocolate (bars/chips) – 1 cup
- Brown chocolate (bars/chips) – 1 cup
- Put the biscuits in a zip lock bag and use a rolling pan to crush the biscuits in fine powder (you can use blender also).
- Take a bowl add crushed biscuits and cheese cream, mix together and make a soft dough.
- Take a small portion of prepared dough make a lemon size ball.
- Keep it in refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes.
- Now melt both the white and brown chocolate separately in a double boiler or microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk both the white and brown chocolate separately till it becomes smooth and become little cold.
- Using a spoon dip one Oreo at a time in the melted brown chocolate to get a smooth chocolate coating all over the balls. Repeat the same for white chocolate for rest of the balls.
- Now place the chocolate coated balls in a separate plate to cool down for 5-10 minutes.
- Now using a fork make striped patterns of white chocolate on the brown balls and brown patterns on the white balls or you can decorate like this also.
- Oreo Truffles is ready to serve.