- Jaggery (Gur) – 1 1/2 cup roughly chopped
- Sesame Seeds (Til) – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Chopped Pista For garnishing
- Heat a non-stick pan, add the sesame seeds and dry roast on a low heat for 8 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Heat the non-stick pan, add the jaggery, water 1 tbsp. and ghee mix well and cook on a low heat for 4 –5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sesame seeds and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a low heat for 1 – 2 minute, while stirring continuously.
- The mixture will start getting stiff, so you need to be quick.
- Allow it cool slightly for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Wet your palms with little water, take a small portion of the mixture and shape into a round to length wise.
- You need to start making Gatta immediately while the mixture is still hot, once it cools down you may not be able to shape it properly.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Allow it to cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
- They can be stored for about 10-15 days(during winter).