Skip to content
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Beetroot – 1 (peel and cut into small pieces)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Salt to taste
- Ajwain (carom) seeds – 1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Green chilly as par your taste
- Add ajwain seeds, salt, 1 tbsp oil into the wheat flour and mix well.
- Grind the beetroot, ginger and green chilly for few seconds to make a paste.
- Add grinded paste into the wheat flour and knead into a soft dough.
- You can add sufficient water to knead the dough.
- Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Take small portion of the dough and shape them into small ball.
- Sprinkle some dry flour and flatten the dough balls with a rolling pin to make Puri.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadhai on medium heat.
- Put Puri into hot oil, fry Puri till both sides turn little brown.
- Beetroot Puri is ready to serve.
- You can eat this with Baby potato curry.
- Beetroot (peeled and grated) – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Chopped onion – 1/2 cup
- Green chilly or red chilly powder (as per your taste)
- Boiled potatoes (cut into small pieces) – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Cinnamon stick – 1/2 inch
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) – 1/2 tsp.
- Heat a pan/kadhai on medium heat.
- Add oil, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick and sauté well.
- Add chopped onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add boiled potato, salt to taste, turmeric powder and green chilly.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add grated beetroot and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes, open the lid, mix well and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Cook till beetroot becomes soft.
- Switch off the heat, beetroot dry curry is ready.
- You can adjust salt and chilly according to your taste.
- Beetroot –1/2 cup (peel, wash and grate the beetroot)
- Milk – 1 cup
- Ghee or butter – 1 tbsp.
- Dry fruits –Sliced almonds,pistachios, etc.
- Cardamom powder – 1 pinch
- Sugar – 2 tbsp (as per your taste)
- Pre-Heat a pan on medium heat and add ghee into it.
- When ghee is melted add grated beetroot in the pan.
- Roast for 2-3 minutes and stir constantly.
- After 2-3 minutes add milk and cook until all the milk gets absorbed completely.
- Now add sugar into it. Cook until it dries completely.
- Keep stirring constantly so that the beetroot doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Now add cardamom powder, dry fruits into it and mix well.
- Beetroot halwa is ready, turn off the heat and serve beetroot halwa in a bowl as a dessert.