Skip to content
- Raw (kaccha) Mango – 1/3 cup
- Ripe (pakka) Mango – 1 cup
- Sugar (as per your taste)
- Heat a pan, add mangoes and 2 cups of water.
- Cover the lid, cook on medium heat for 6-7 minutes.
- The mangoes has become soft, turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- Strain it with strainer.
- Take a grinder jar, add cooked mangoes and grind it into a smooth puree.
- Mango puree is ready..
- Mix puree with mango water and mix well.
- Adjust water and sugar as per the desired consistency.
- Strain again with strainer.
- Mango Frooti is ready, keep it into fridge for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour serve chill with some ice cubes and garnish with mango pieces.
- Almonds (badam) – 1 cup
- Fennel Seeds (saunf) – 1/2 cup
- Pistachio (Pista) – 1/3 cup
- Sugar or as per your taste – 1/4 cup
- Poppy Seeds (khuskhus) – 1 tbsp.
- Muskmelon Seeds – 1 tbsp.
- Black Pepper (whole or powder) – 1 tsp.
- Whole Cardamom or powder (Elaichi) -1 tbsp.
- A thread of Saffron (optional)
- Add almond, muskmelon seeds in a mixture jar along with half of the measured sugar and grind them finely.
- Sieve it to get fine powder of thandai.
- Few thick mixture seeds are left on the sieve.
- Put it back into the jar and add rest of the ingredients.
- Sieve it once again.
- You can use remaining thick powder of thandai for other recipe like sweet chila, drinks, etc..
- Add black pepper powder and mix everything well.
- Thandai powder is ready, you can store this powder into the refrigerator to be used later.
- Poppy seeds (khuskhus) –1 tsp
- Fennel seeds –1 tsp
- Whole Green cardamom seeds or powder –1/2 tsp
- Whole milk –2 cup (boiled and cooled)
- Saffron (kesar) –few strands
- Almonds –9 -10
- Cashews –9 -10
- Pistachio /Pista-9 -10
- Black pepper –2-3 (optional)
- Sugar –2 tbsp (as per your taste)
- Add poppy seeds, fennel seeds, whole cardamom seeds, saffron, almonds, cashews, pista, sugar per your taste and black pepper into the blender jar and make a fine powder.
- Add the grinded mixture into the milk (as per your taste) and keep it in fridge for 2-3 hours.
- You can keep the remaining powder in refrigerator to be used afterwards.
- After 2-3 hours filter this mixture using a strainer.
- Garnish with pista powder and saffron strands.
- Thandi cold drink is ready to serve…