- Cooked Rice (any kind of Rice) – 1 cup
- Curry leaves – 5-6
- Vegetable oil or ghee – 1 tbsp.
- Chana Dal –1 tbsp.
- Urad Dal-1 tbsp.
- Whole red chilly – 1 (as per you taste)
- Salt to taste
- Peanuts or Cashews – 1 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Mustard Seeds –1 tsp.
- Grated Ginger-1 tsp.
- A pinch of Asafetida (Hing)
- Lemon (as per your taste).
- Heat oil in a pan / kadhai.
- Add peanuts fry until they are lighty roasted.
- Add ginger, chana dal, urad dal, curry leaves, chilly and mustard seeds, cook for few minutes.
- Add Hing, turmeric powder, cooked rice, salt to taste and mix well.
- Cover and cook for few minutes on low heat.
- After few minutes turn off the heat.
- Add lemon juice and stir everything well.
- Lemon rice is ready, serve with any curry or curd.