Skip to content
- Boiled potato –1
- Leftover rice – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Black pepper
- Grated garlic – 1/2 tsp
- Bread crumbs for coating
- Italian seasoning – 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Grated Cottage cheese for stuffing
- Peel boiled potato and mash well.
- Add leftover rice, salt to taste, garlic, black pepper, Italian seasoning into the mashed potato.
- Mix everything together.
- Make small balls out of the dough, if dough is sticking on your palm you can grease your palm with oil.
- Now flatten the balls in you palm, fill little grated cottage cheese.
- Close it evenly by rolling the ball in your hand and coat with bread crumbs.
- Repeat the same for rest of the dough and keep it in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan/kadhai to medium heat.
- Drop the balls in heated oil, few at a time.
- Keep stirring until it turns golden in color.
- Once ready, transfer into a kitchen or absorbent tissue.
- Cheese balls are ready to serve…
- Cooked Rice (any kind of Rice) – 1 cup
- Curry leaves – 5-6
- Vegetable oil or ghee – 1 tbsp.
- Chana Dal –1 tbsp.
- Urad Dal-1 tbsp.
- Whole red chilly – 1 (as per you taste)
- Salt to taste
- Peanuts or Cashews – 1 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Mustard Seeds –1 tsp.
- Grated Ginger-1 tsp.
- A pinch of Asafetida (Hing)
- Lemon (as per your taste).
- Heat oil in a pan / kadhai.
- Add peanuts fry until they are lighty roasted.
- Add ginger, chana dal, urad dal, curry leaves, chilly and mustard seeds, cook for few minutes.
- Add Hing, turmeric powder, cooked rice, salt to taste and mix well.
- Cover and cook for few minutes on low heat.
- After few minutes turn off the heat.
- Add lemon juice and stir everything well.
- Lemon rice is ready, serve with any curry or curd.