Skip to content
- Cooked Rice (any kind of Rice) – 1 cup
- Curry leaves – 5-6
- Vegetable oil or ghee – 1 tbsp.
- Chana Dal –1 tbsp.
- Urad Dal-1 tbsp.
- Whole red chilly – 1 (as per you taste)
- Salt to taste
- Grated Fresh Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Peanuts or Cashews nuts – 1 tbsp.
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
- A pinch of Asafetida (Hing)
- Heat oil in a pan / kadhai.
- Add mustard seeds, whole red chilly and curry leaves, cook for few minutes.
- Now add chana dal, urad da, Cashews and Hing, fry until lightly golden.
- Add cooked rice, grated coconut, salt to taste.
- Stir everything well.
- Cover and cook for few minutes on low heat.
- After few minutes turn off the heat.
- Coconut rice is ready, serve with any curry or curd.