Skip to content
- Okra (bhindi) –10 –15 pieces (wash and dry)
- Asafetida (hing) -1 pinch
- Whole cumin seeds -1 tsp.
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp.
- Red chilli powder as per your taste.
- Vegetable oil – 1-2 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves -1 tbsp.
- Curd / Yogurt – 2 tbsp.
- Chickpeas flour / Besan -1 tbsp.
- Cut Bhindi/Okra into small pieces..
- Take a bowl add curd, besan, salt to taste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and hing and mix well.
- With the help of water make a thin paste.
- Heat oil into the pan on medium flame.
- Add cumin seeds and cook for few minute.
- Add okra and cook till its become soft.
- Heat a pan on medium flame, add paste and cook for 2 -3 minutes.
- Add kokum or tamarind juice and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup water, cook for 1-2 minutes and keep stirring.
- After 2 minutes add fried okra and cook for few minutes.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Turn off the flame, Dahi bhindi/okra is ready to serve, you can adjust salt or spice as per your taste.
- Okra (Bhindi)-15 to 20 pieces
- Chickpeas flour (Besan)-2 tbsp
- Rice flour -1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder -1 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste -1 tbsp
- Gram masala powder-1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil as needed
- Turmeric powder -1 tsp
- Cut the bhindi/okra length wise.
- Add besan, rice flour, salt to taste, Turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, gram masala powder, red chilli powder and Vegetable oil-1tsp into the bowl, and mix well.
- If required you can add little water also.
- Mix them nicely until they get coated on the okra.
- Heat oil in a pan/kadhai on medium heat.
- Place okra in the oil gently.
- Fry until it becomes crispy and brown in color.
- Keep tossing and flipping the okra.
- Take them out once they become brown in color.
- Bhindi/okra Fry is ready to serve.