- Grated Bottle Gourd (Lauki) – 2 cup
- Mawa / Milk Powder/ Khoya – 1/2 cup
- Sugar -1 cup (as per your taste)
- Muskmelon Seeds – 1 tbsp.
- Chopped Pistachios (any kind of dry fruits) – 1 tbsp.
- Coconut Powder – 1 tbsp.
- Green cardamom powder (Elaichi) – 1 tsp.
- Food color green (as per your choice)
- Ghee / butter – 2 tsp.
- Add sugar into the grated bottle gourd, mix well.
- Cover and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add ghee into the heated pan and allow it to melt.
- Add bottle gourd mixture and cook 10-15 minutes on medium heat.
- Keep stirring intermittently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add mawa, cardamom powder, color, muskmelon seeds and cook till its becomes dry.
- Once sugar is almost dissolved & becomes thick, turn off the heat.
- Take out the mixture & spread it evenly across the tray.
- Sprinkle coconut powder, pistachio on the top and press it gently.
- Keep the tray in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour take out the tray and cut it into pieces as per your choice.
- Bottle Gourd Barfi is ready to serve.