- Seedless dates (khajur) – 1 cup, if you have dates with seed then remove the
seeds before preparation
- Cardamom powder or nutmeg powder – 1 tsp.
- Ghee/butter -1 tbsp.
- Mix dry fruits (as per your choice)-
- Chopped almonds – 1 tbsp.
- Chopped cashew nuts – 1 tbsp.
- Muskmelon seeds -1 tbsp.
- Chopped pistachio (Pista) – 1 tbsp.
- Pistachio (Pista) length wise – 2 tbsp for coating.
- Cut all the dates into small pieces.
- Heat ghee or butter in the kadhai on low heat.
- Add chopped almonds, cashew, pista and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- After a minute add muskmelon seeds and fry for few minutes.
- Add chopped dates, cardamom powder and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Keep stirring continuously.
- After 2 minutes turn off the heat, take out the mixture in a plate and let it cool down.
- Thoroughly mix everything with your hands.
- Roll the mix into cylindrical shape and coat with pistachio (pista).
- Spread pista in a plate and coat it properly.
- Using plastic wrap or aluminum foil wrap the roll and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- After an hour remove aluminum foil from dates roll and cut the roll into slices.
- Dates Barfi is ready to serve.
- You can wrap khajur barfi with aluminum foil or chocolate paper.
- Note- You can also make Dates laddu by taking small portion of mix in your hand, rolling them into small laddoo and coat with pistachio.