Skip to content
- Jaggery (Gur) – 1 1/2 cup roughly chopped
- Sesame Seeds (Til) – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Chopped Pista For garnishing
- Heat a non-stick pan, add the sesame seeds and dry roast on a low heat for 8 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Heat the non-stick pan, add the jaggery, water 1 tbsp. and ghee mix well and cook on a low heat for 4 –5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sesame seeds and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a low heat for 1 – 2 minute, while stirring continuously.
- The mixture will start getting stiff, so you need to be quick.
- Allow it cool slightly for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Wet your palms with little water, take a small portion of the mixture and shape into a round to length wise.
- You need to start making Gatta immediately while the mixture is still hot, once it cools down you may not be able to shape it properly.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Allow it to cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
- They can be stored for about 10-15 days(during winter).
- Peanuts / Groundnuts – 1 cup (soak the almonds in water for 3-4 hours and peel)
- Sugar – 1/3 cup (as per your taste)
- Clarified butter/ghee – 1 tsp.
- A tray covered with Aluminum foil
For Garnishing –
- Blanched Pistachio (Pista)
- Add some water and Grind peeled almonds in to fine paste.
- Heat the kadhai/non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Add peanuts paste and cook on a low to medium heat.
- Keep stirring, time to time so it doesn’t burn..
- Cook until all the water is absorbed and begins to smell good.
- Add sugar and Mix well.
- Keep cooking it for some more time until it becomes thick paste.
- Once its ready, switch off the heat.
- Place the peanuts mixture into the tray and then spread it evenly across the tray.
- Press it gently and sprinkle some Pista.
- Keep it in fridge for sometime, so it can settle down.
- Once it settled ,out the tray and cut it into pieces as per the shape of your choice.
- Peanuts / Groundnuts Barfi/Katli is ready to serve.