Skip to content
- Whole milk – 3 cups
- Lemon – 1 (you can also use vinegar)
- Jaggery (Gudh) – 1 cup (as per your taste)
- Sugar – 1 tbsp. (optional)
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp.
- To make rasgulla, you need to first make Paneer/chena from the milk. You can also use unsalted Paneer from market.
- Heat whole milk in a pan and bring it to boil.
- Keep stirring once a while.
- When milk is boiled, turn off the heat.
- Add 1 tbsp Vinegar, mix well as the milk starts to ferment stop adding Vinegar.
- Place a muslin cloth/cotton cloth in a strainer and put the fermented milk on it to separate remaining water from Paneer.
- Add 2.5 cup of water into the cooker on high heat.
- Add cardamom powder, Jaggery, sugar and mix well.
- Cover and allow chashni to come to boil.
- Now put chena on the plate and using your hand press for 5-6 minutes until chena becomes completely smooth (You can use blender also).
- Take small portions of chena in your hand and shape them into balls.
- Roll the chena balls between your palms and keep all of them on a plate.
- Once water is boiled put all the Paneer balls in boiling chashni and close the lid.
- Cook on high flame until it simmers (whistle) once.
- After 1 whistle reduce the flame to medium heat and cook for 13-15 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and let it cool down completely. Once the pressure cooker cools down open the lid.
- Jaggery Rasgullas have become puffy and doubled in size. Now take them out in a bowl and serve it.
- Rice flour –1 cup
- All purpose flour (Maida) or Whole wheat flour –1/2 cup
- Sugar –1/2 cup (as per your taste)
- Overripe bananas or ripe bananas– 2
- Sesame seeds (white til ) –1 tbsp.
- Oil for deep- frying
- Baking powder – 1 tbsp. (optional)
- Coconut powder or grated – 1/3 cup
- Peel the bananas and mash with fork or spoon.
- Add all the ingredients into the bowl and mix well.
- Add some water to make thick paste.
- Refrigerate for 20 –25 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan/kadhai on medium flame.
- Take small portion of the paste and drop in hot oil.
- Deep fry banana fritters in hot oil until crisp and golden.
- Keep tossing and flipping.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Repeat to make the rest of it.
- Banana fritters is ready to serve.