Skip to content
- Jaggery (Gur) – 1 1/2 cup roughly chopped
- Sesame Seeds (Til) – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Chopped Pista For garnishing
- Heat a non-stick pan, add the sesame seeds and dry roast on a low heat for 8 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Heat the non-stick pan, add the jaggery, water 1 tbsp. and ghee mix well and cook on a low heat for 4 –5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sesame seeds and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a low heat for 1 – 2 minute, while stirring continuously.
- The mixture will start getting stiff, so you need to be quick.
- Allow it cool slightly for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Wet your palms with little water, take a small portion of the mixture and shape into a round to length wise.
- You need to start making Gatta immediately while the mixture is still hot, once it cools down you may not be able to shape it properly.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Allow it to cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
- They can be stored for about 10-15 days(during winter).
- Sesame seeds (white Til ) – 1 cup
- Jaggery (gur) – 1 cup (as per your taste)
- Green cardamom powder (as per your taste)
- Heat a pan on low heat.
- Add sesame seeds, roast for 2-3 minutes, till you get a nice aroma.
- Once ready turn off the heat.
- Heat another pan on medium heat.
- Add jaggery (gud), little water, ghee (1 tsp) and mix well.
- Prepare Gud syrup and check with your fingers it should be 1 string.
- Once Gud syrup is ready add sesame seeds.
- Keep stirring it and cook it
on medium to low heat.
- Mix till all the sesame seeds coated with jaggery syrup.
- Once its ready, take off from heat.
- Pour the mixture into greased plate.
- Keep mixing it, grease your palms with ghee or water and make small balls from the dough, roll it between your palms and press it.
- Coat with roasted sesame seeds
- Repeat the same for rest of the dough.
- Gud Rewari (ladoo) is ready, store in an air tight jar.