Skip to content
- Chena / Cottage cheese -1 cup
- Sugar (as per your taste)
- Whole milk – 1 liter
- Sliced dry fruits (as per your choice)
- Saffron (optional)- For color and aroma
- Put chena on the plate and using your hand press for 5-6 minutes until chena becomes completely smooth (You can use blender also).
- Take the small portions of chena in your hand and shape them into small balls.
- Roll the chena balls between your palms, flatten it slightly and keep all of them in a plate.
- Prepare rest of chena balls in the same way.
- To make flavored milk, bring the whole milk to boil in a pan on high to low heat.
- Once milk is boiled, reduce the heat to medium temperature.
- Keep stirring to avoid the milk sticking to the bottom of the container.
- When the milk become thicker, add sugar and cardamom powder to the milk.
- You can use saffron instead of cardamom powder if you want.
- Flavored milk is ready, turn off the stove.
- In another utensil add sugar and water, cook till sugar is completely dissolved.
- When chasni started boiling, put chena balls in boiling chashni and cook for 15-20 minutes on high heat.
- Turn off the stove. Chena balls is ready, let it cool down completely.
- In the final step take each chena balls from the sugar syrup and dip the chena balls to concentrated flavored milk.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- After 2 minutes turn off the heat, Rasmalai is ready.
- Garnish with dry fruits and serve cold.
- White Bread slices -2-3
- Cardamom powder – 2 pinch
- Sugar -2 tsp (as per your taste)
- Almonds – 10-12 (soak and peel the almonds)
- Chopped pistachio for garnishing
- Saffron (kesar) –few strands
- Whole milk -1 liter
- Take any shape of cookie cutter, and cut the breads.
- Add almonds and few saffron strands into the blender jar, grind into fine
- To make flavored milk, bring the milk to boil in a non-stick pan on high to low flame.
- Add the grinded almond, pistachio paste into the boiled milk
- Keep stirring to avoid the milk sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When the milk become little thicker, add sugar, cardamom powder into the milk and keep stirring.
- Flavored milk is ready, turn off the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Soak the bread slices into the flavored milk for few minutes.
- Serve and garnish the soaked bread with pistachio and saffron strands and serve…