Skip to content
- Grated carrot – 2 cups
- Ghee / Butter – 1tsp.
- Sweetened condensed milk – 1/2 tin
- Sliced or roughly chopped Pistachios for garnishing
- Sugar ( If required )
- Green cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Heat a pan on medium heat.
- Add ghee and grated carrot and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- After 5 mints when carrot becomes soft, add green cardamom powder and sweetened condensed milk (according to your taste) into the pan.
- Mix everything and cook for 5-7 minutes and keep stirring continuously.
- The mixture becomes thick and begins to leave the sides of the pan.
- Turn off the heat.
- Grease the tray with little ghee and pour the mixture into the tray.
- You can also use aluminum foil or butter paper instead of ghee/butter.
- Spread it evenly and pour the condensed milk over the mixture.
- Spread it again and sprinkle some sliced pistachios.
- Keep the tray in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool down completely before cutting.
- Carrot barfi is ready, cut into desired shape and serve.