Skip to content
- Grated Beetroot (Peel and finely grate with grater) – 1 medium size
- Ghee / Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Khoya / Mawa / Dried evaporated milk solids – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup (as per your taste)
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tbsp.
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Cashew nut – 1/2 cup
- Wafers (as per your choice) – 1 packet
- Aluminum foil
- Heat non-stick pan/ Khadai with ghee then add beetroot and sauté.
- Add crushed Khoya, Sugar cook well till melts.
- Add Cardamom powder, Milk and mix.
- When the mixture becomes slightly thick and start leaving the side of the pan, turn off the heat.
- Add half chopped Cashew nut and mix.
- Transfer this to the Aluminum foil and spread it with the spatula.
- Spread out the mixture evenly.
- Let cool down and set for 30 minutes.
- With the help of knife cut the wafers in 2 halves, now split the wafers.
- Barfi mixture is settled down, place the wafer pieces gently over the barfi.
- Using a knife, cut the mixture into the shape of barfi.
- Take one piece of a barfi at a time and cover the other side also with wafer split.
- Enjoy the delicious beetroot barfi.
- Refrigerate and use within 2 weeks.