Skip to content
- Milk – 2 liter
- Sugar – 1 cup (as per your taste)
- Ghee / Butter – ½ tsp.
- Citric Acid – 1/2 or Lemon juice – 2 tbsp.
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a large thick-bottomed non-stick kadhai on high heat.
- Continue to cook, stirring continuously, for about one and a half hours, or till the milk becomes grainy and begins to thicken.
- Now add green cardamom powder, lemon juice in to the mixture and mix well.
- Cook till the mixture begins to leave the sides of the kadhai.
- When the milk gets thick and grainy in texture, add sugar and mix well.
- When the milk gets thick in consistency, the color gets brown in color and it emits good aroma.
- Turn off the heat.
- Take a tray for setting the milk cake and grease it nicely with some ghee/ butter.
- Immediately, pour this hot mixture into the tray and spread it evenly.
- Keep aside the tray to set. Within 24 hours, milk cake sets completely.
- Milk cake is ready, cut into squares and serve.
- Refrigerate and use within 2 weeks.