- Mango Pulp – 2 Cups (Peel two big sized mangoes, take out the pulp, grind it to a paste)
- Sugar- 1/3 cups (as per your taste)
- Ghee / Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Dry Milk Powder – 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Dry Coconut Powder – 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Green cardamom powder- 1/2 tsp.
- For Garnishing –
Blanched Pistachio (Pista)
- Pour Ghee in the pan and heat it on medium heat.
- Once the ghee melts, add mango puree to it.
- Add dry milk powder, coconut powder and green cardamom powder- 1/2 tsp.
- Keep stirring, so it doesn’t burn.
- Take a tray and cover with Aluminum foil
- Cook till the mixture forms a thick consistency
- When the mixture gets thick like a halwa, and starts to leave the corners of the pan.
- Turn off the heat.
- Immediately, pour this hot mixture into the tray and spread it evenly.
- Press it gently and sprinkle some Pista.
- Keep it in fridge for sometime, so it can settle down.
- Once Mango barfi settled, cut it into pieces as per shape of your choice.
- Mango Barfi is ready to serve.
- Store in the refrigerator for a week.