- Fresh Grated coconut
- Sugar – 1/3 cup (as per your taste)
- Green cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- A tray covered with Aluminum foil
For Garnishing –
- You can garnishing with tutti frutti, Blanched Pistachio (Pista), almonds ,Silver warq (optional)
- Heat a pan, on a medium heat.
- Cut coconut pieces into small pieces into the mixer jar & make a fine powder.
- Add coconut powder, sugar and cardamom powder into a pan.
- Keep Stirring constantly, let the sugar dissolve completely.
- Mix and begin to heat on a low heat.
- In a few minutes, the sugar will begin to dissolve.
- When the coconut burfi is almost done, the mixture will start leaving the sides of the pan and you will also see foamy bubbles rise from it.
- Keep stirring for 3-4 minutes so it doesn’t burn..
- Cook until all the sugar water is absorbed and begins to smell good.
- Turn off the heat.
- Immediately, pour this hot mixture into the tray and spread it evenly.
- Pour the mixture and then spread it evenly.
- Let it cool down for sometime, so it can settle down.
- Once coconut barfi settled, cut it into pieces as per shape of your choice.
- Fresh Coconut Barfi is ready to serve.
- Store in the refrigerator for a week.