- Whole milk – 1-2 liter
- Lemon (you can also use vinegar)
- Sugar – (as per your taste)
- Few Whole Cardamom
- Food color (Red, Yellow) – as per your choice
- For coating – Dry coconut powder
For chena (paneer) –
- Boil whole milk in a pan on medium heat.
- Keep stirring once a while.
- When milk is boiled switch off the heat and start adding lemon juice, as the milk starts to ferment stop adding lemon juice.
- Place a muslin/cotton cloth in a strainer and put the fermented milk in it, to separate remaining water from chena.
- Add 1/2 cup water into the chena and squash.
- Place the chena on the plate and mix well until its becomes smooth.
- Divide the chena into three portions and add 2 drops of food color in one portion and mix well.
- You can add different colors for other portions if you want.
- Take small portion of chena in your hand and shape it into small ball or cylinder shape.
- Roll the chena balls between your palms and keep them on a plate.
- Add 3 cups of water into the pan, cardamom powder, sugar and let it boil.
- Now put all the chena balls in boiling sugar syrup and close the lid, Cook for 15-20 minutes on high heat.
- After 15- 20 minutes open the lid and cook for other 5 -10 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and let it cool down completely.
- Now take them out in a strainer for 15-20 minutes to drain extra sugar syrup.
- Coat with coconut powder or khoya .
- Chom chom sweets are ready to serve..
- You can also use readymade unsalted Paneer from market.