- Cashew nuts (kaaju) – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup (as per your taste)
- Food color Red and Yellow for decoration.
- Few cardamom skins
- Cloves (long)
- Clarified butter/ghee
- Add cashew nuts in the grinder and prepare fine powder.
- Heat the kadhai/non-stick pan and add ghee( 1 tsp), sugar and 1/4 cup water.
- Mix well and let the water boil.
- Add a pinch of yellow color.
- Prepare sugar syrup and check with your fingers it should be 1 string.
- Once sugar syrup is ready add cashew powder and keep stirring it and cook it on medium to low flame.
- Keep cooking it for some more time until it becomes thick paste.
- Switch off the heat and let it cool down.
- Grease your palms with ghee and make small balls from the dough, roll it between your palms.
- Press with your thumb in the center of it.
- Repeat the same for rest of the dough.
- Garnish the Kaju apple with cloves and cardamom skin.
- With the help of brush and red food color, decorate the kaju apple.
- Repeat the same for rest of the Kaju Apple
- Kaju Apple is ready, refrigerate to keep it fresh up to 1 week.