- Suji/ Semolina – 1 cup
- Sugar(as per your taste)
- Ghee/ Butter – 2 tsps. (if required you can add more)
- A pinch of Cardamom Powder
For garnishing –
- Fine chopped Pistachio, Almonds
- Saffron (Optional)
- Food color (yellow) Optional
- Heat a pan, add suji and fry on a low heat.
- Until it begins to smell good and turn to light golden color.
- When it fried completely turn off the heat.
- Add 2 cups water, sugar, ghee and cardamom powder to another pan and boil on medium heat.
- Once water is boiled, pour it slowly to the suji.
- Cover and cook on a low to medium heat.
- Keep stirring for 3-4 minutes so it doesn’t burn..
- Cook until all the water is absorbed.
- Add chopped dry fruits, mix well.
- Once mixture is ready, turn off the heat.
- Apply ghee / butter on the plate.
- Pour the mixture and then spread it evenly.
- Press it gently with a spoon.
- Sprinkle some pista and almonds.
- Let it cool down for sometime, so it can settle down.
- Once Suji ka halwa settled, cut it into pieces as per shape of your choice.
- Suji ka barfi (Halwa) is ready to serve…