Skip to content
- Chickpeas / Chana / Khabuli Chana – 1 cup (soak chana overnight to 8 hours).
- Red chilly powder (as per your taste)
- A pinch of Asafetida (hing)
- Turmeric powder –1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Whole Cumin seeds ( jeera) – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Dry mango powder (aamchur powder) – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 5-6
- Whole Dry chilly – 1-2
- Dry coconut powder (optional)
- Add chana, 1 cup water and turmeric powder in pressure cooker.
- Cover and Cook for 2-3 whistles on medium heat.
- After 2-3 whistles, switch off the heat and let it cool down.
- Open the lid, Chana is boiled properly.
- Keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil on medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, red chilly, hing, chopped garlic and cook for few minutes.
- Now add boiled chana and mix well.
- Add salt, curry leaves, red chilly powder, garam masala, cumin powder and aamchur powder.
- Mix well and sprinkle some water.
- Cover and cook for 1- 2 minutes on low heat.
- After 1-2 minutes, turn off the heat.
- Dry chole is ready to serve…