Skip to content
- Besan / chickpea flour/ gram flour –1 cup
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Ghee / butter – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 cups (as per your taste)
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Dry fruits (powder) – 1 cup (optional)
- Heat a pan on medium heat.
- Add besan and begin to roast until it turns light golden in color.
- Keep stirring time to time.
- Add coconut powder and mix well.
- Roast for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add sugar, milk, cardamom powder and ghee.
- Mix well, cook on medium to low heat.
- Continue cooking until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Keep stirring for 3-4 minutes so it doesn’t burn..
- Cook till it becomes little dry.
- Once mixture is ready, turn off the heat.
- Apply ghee or you can also use butter paper or aluminum foil on the tray.
- Pour the mixture and then spread it evenly across the tray.
- Press it gently with a spoon.
- Let it cool down for sometime, so it can settle down.
- Once 7 cups barfi settled, cut it into pieces as per shape of your choice.
- 7 cups barfi is ready to serve…