- Seedless dates (khajur) – 1 cup (cut into small pieces)
If you have dates with seed then remove the seeds before preparation
- Ghee/butter -1 tbsp.
For stuffing –
- Mix dry fruits (as per your choice)-
Almonds, Cashew nuts, dry coconut, and pistachio (Pista).
- Milk for prepare dough
- Food color – green, yellow
- Chopped cashew nuts
- Roasted poppy seeds (khas khas) – for coating.
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp.
- Add all the dry fruits into grinder jar to make fine powder.
- Divide the powder into two equal parts to prepare two types of stuffing.
- In first part add cardamom powder, sugar as per you taste and chopped cashew & mix well.
- Add yellow food color & with the help of milk make a soft dough.
- Repeat the same for other part of the dough with green color.
- Dough is ready we will use this for stuffing.
- Heat ghee or butter in the kadhai on low heat.
- Add chopped dates, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Keep stirring continuously.
- After 2 minutes turn off the heat, take out the mixture in a plate and let it cool down.
- Once it cools down shape the dates into a ball.
- Apply ghee/oil on the surface and roll the dates using rolling pin.
- Cut the flattened roll into two equal parts.
- Roll the green stuffing in the same way and cut into two equal halves.
- Take half of the yellow stuffing and roll it into cylindrical shape.
- Place all the stuffing on the dates roll and with the help of our hand cover it properly.
- Sprinkle roasted poppy seeds on the surface and roll it properly.
- Roll is ready, wrap the roll into plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Repeat the same for other half of the dates roll.
- Keep it in fridge for 1 hour, so it can settle down.
- After an hour remove plastic wrap from dates roll and cut the roll into slices.
- Dates delight is ready to serve.
- Keep it in fridge and use.