- Paneer/ Cottage cheese (cut in small cubes) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Rose essence (optional)
- Heat a pan on medium heat.
- Add sugar and 1/4 cup of water, mix well and stir it regularly.
- When you see 1 thread of the sugar syrup between your fingertips, sugar syrup is ready.
- Add paneer cubes into the sugar syrup and mix well.
- Cook on low heat until the sugar syrup reaches the setting consistency.
- Once the sugar syrup is thick, turn off the heat.
- Keep it aside, add rose water and mix well.
- Keep stirring regularly so that it is evenly coated over the paneer.
- Once sugar is coated well, pick out the paneer pieces.
- Use leftover sugar to prepare more murki or to make laddus.
- Chena mithai is ready to serve..