For Jalebi –
- All purpose flour/ Maida –1 cup
- Rice flour –2 tbsp
- Food color – green (as per your choice)
- Sugar –1 cup (as per your taste)
- Whole green cardamom –1-2
For Rabri –
- Milk –3 cups
- Sugar (as per your taste)
- Chopped dry fruits (as per your choice)
Lets start preparing Jalebi batter-
- Add rice flour into the maida and mix well, with the help of water, make a light smooth batter.
- Batter is ready, cover and keep aside for 20 minutes.
Chasni for jalebi –
- Add sugar, 1 cup water and green cardamom into a pan.
- Let it boil on medium heat.
- As soon as it comes to boil, turn off the heat.
- Chasni is ready.
For Rabri –
- Heat milk in a pan on low heat.
- Keep stirring.
- When the milk become thicker, add sugar, dry fruits and cardamom powder into the milk.
- Rabri is ready, turn off the stove.
Lets start preparing Jalebi
- After 20 minutes, add food color into the jalebi batter and mix well.
- Heat oil into the pan on medium heat.
- To make the jalebi you can use plastic bottle with a nozzle or you can also use a small plastic bag(Ziplock),
- Pour some of the batter into a plastic bag, seal it with a rubber band.
- Cut the tip and check how thick or thin you want the jalebi to be.
- Gently squeeze the batter into the oil in spiral shape.
- Keep flipping the jalebi occasionally on each side or till it becomes slight golden and crisp.
- Shake and remove excess oil and soak in the warm chasni for 5-6 minutes.
- Prepare all the jalebi in same way.
- Take out the pieces from chasni, drain extra sugar syrup.
- Hot and Crispy Jalebi and Rabri is ready to serve.