- Raw papaya (medium size)
- Ghee /butter –1/2 table spoon
- Fennel seeds –1/2 tea spoon
- Sugar (as per your taste)
- Red chilli flakes (as per your taste)
- Black salt –1/2 tea spoon
- Raisins (kismis) – 8-9
- Whole green cardamom- 1-2
- Peel the papaya skin and stalk, make sure the green part is not left.
- Cut the papaya into small pieces and grate with grater.
- Add sugar, toss it well and coat all the pieces evenly.
- Cover and leave it for 5 – 10 minutes.
- If you want you can add food color and rose or kewra essence 5-6 drops.
- Heat a pan on medium heat, add ghee and fennel seeds.
- Add grated papaya, raisins, black salt and chilli flakes, cardamom cook till papaya looking transparent.
- Stir continuously so it doesn’t burn.
- Once sugar is almost dissolved and syrup becomes thick, turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- Plastic (papaya) chutney is ready.
- Keep it in fridge for storage, you can use this for 8-10 days.