Skip to content
- White Bread – 4 (remove the edges of the bread)
- Coconut powder –1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Ghee or butter –1 tsp.
- Dry milk powder –1/2 cup
- Sugar (as per your taste)
- Whole green cardamom powder –1/2 tsp
- Chopped Pistachios (Pista) for garnishing
- Saffron (kesar) optional
- Add bread pieces into grinder jar to make fine powder.
- Add milk into the crumbed bread, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat a pan, add ghee into it.
- Add coconut powder, cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add milk powder, cardamom powder and sugar mix well.
- Keep stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Add soaked bread, mix everything well and cook till it becomes little dry.
- Once mixture is ready, turn off the heat.
- Apply ghee or butter paper on the tray.
- Pour the mixture and then spread it evenly across the tray.
- Sprinkle pistachio on the top and press it gently with a spoon.
- Keep it in fridge for sometime, so it can settle down.
- Once bread barfi settled, cut it into pieces as per your choice.
- Bread Barfi is ready to serve.