- Whole milk
- Citric acid, Lemon, vinegar or leftover whey (पनीर का पानी)
- Bring the milk to boil on medium heat.
- When milk starts boiling, turn off the heat.
- Add the leftover whey and gently stir the milk.
- If the milk does not curdle within a short while, add little more.
- Place Muslin or Cotton cloth over the container.
- Pour the curdle milk into the muslin cloth, drain all the water and squeeze off excess water.
- You can use this water later for preparation of roti/chapati or paratha dough, paneer or in vegetable curries.
- Keep the muslin cloth on a plate, place a heavy object on it for the paneer to set.
- Allow the paneer to set for about 20-25 minutes.
- After 20-25 minutes remove the cloth from the paneer and cut it to cubes.
- Paneer is ready to use….
How to store –
- Place paneer cubes into the container.
- Add enough water to cover the paneer cubes.
- Cover and keep it in fridge.
- You can store up to 1 week, this way your paneer will also become soft and fluffy…