Skip to content
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Roasted gram flour (sattu) – 1/2 cup
- Chopped onions – 1/2 cup
- Chopped green chilly (as per your taste)
- Chopped Garlic – 1 tsp.
- Carom seeds (Ajwain) –1/2 tsp.
- Chopped coriander leaves –
- Mango pickle –1 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil –1 tbsp.
- Take whole wheat flour into the bowl.
- Add salt and 1 tsp oil into the whole wheat flour, mix well.
- With the help of water knead into a soft dough, set aside.
- For stuffing, add chopped onions, garlic, coriander leaves, salt to taste, mango pickle, mustard oil and green chilly into the sattu and mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp of water, mix well and keep a side.
- Take small portion of dough and roll it on your palms.
- With the help of thumb press the ball in the center to shape them like small bowl.
- Stuff with the sattu mixture and close the dough bowl from the top,
- Roll the dough using your palm to shape them into balls.
- Do the same for rest of the dough.
- Heat appam pan on medium heat and grease some oil.
- Place the balls onto a greased Appam pan.
- Keep flipping the litti so that it will get cooked evenly from all the sides.
- Once the Litti turns golden brown in color, remove the cooked Litti from the pan.
- Add a tea spoon of ghee on top of the Litti before serving.
- Serve the Litti with Brinjal(Eggplant) or Potato Chokha.