Happy Navratri Festival to all of you…
- White bread- 4-5 slices
- Milk ( for the preparing bread dough)
- Sugar- 1 cup (as per your taste)
- Green cardamom whole / powder -2 pinch
- Vegetable Oil / Ghee – for deep frying
For stuffing –
- Mawa / Khoya
- Sugar – 1 tsp (as per your taste)
- Chopped Pistachios (Pista), cashew, etc.
- Pistachios (Pista) for garnishing
- Food color as per your choice
- Take slices of bread and remove the edges of the bread.
- Crush the bread evenly.
- Add little milk and mix well, leave it for 5 min.
- After 5 min make a soft dough.
- Crush the mava, add little sugar, few drops of food color and mix well.
- Make small balls out of the dough, if dough is sticking on your palm you can grease your palm with oil.
- Now flatten the balls in you palm, fill the bread with little stuffing.
- Close it evenly by rolling the ball in your hand.
- Repeat the same for rest of the dough.
- Heat the oil in a pan/kadhai to medium heat.
- Fry all the Gulab Jamun balls in the heated oil.
- Keep stirring until it turns golden in color.
- Once ready, transfer into a kitchen or absorbent tissue.
- Heat 1 cup of water in a pan, add sugar, cardamom powder and boil for 5 minute.
- Once sugar chasni is boiled, turn off the heat.
- Add fried Gulab Jamun in the hot sugar chasni.
- Leave Gulab Jamun for 10-15 minutes in sugar chasni.
- After 15 minutes, take out all the Gulab Jamun into a bowl.
- Bread Gulab Jamun is ready, you can garnish with Pista powder, coconut powder, etc.
- You can serve the Gulab Jamun hot or cold as you like.