- Whole milk – 3 cups
- Vinegar or lemon – 1-2 tsp.
- Sugar – 1 cup (as per your taste)
- Food color – Yellow
- A thread of saffron
- To make Rajbhog, you need to first make Paneer/chena from the milk. You can also use unsalted Paneer from market.
- Heat whole milk in a pan and bring it to boil.
- Keep stirring once a while.
- When milk is boiled, turn off the heat.
- Add 1 tbsp Vinegar, mix well as the milk starts to ferment stop adding Vinegar.
- Place a muslin cloth/cotton cloth in a strainer and put the fermented milk on it to separate remaining water from Paneer.
- Add 3 cups of water, 1 cup sugar(as per your taste) and few thread of saffron into the cooker.
- You can also use low calories sugar supplements if you are diabetic.
- Cover and allow to come to boil.
- Now put chena on the plate and add 1tsp sugar, yellow color…………………
- Using your hand press for 5-6 minutes until chena becomes completely smooth (You can use blender also).
- Take small portions of chena in your hand and shape them into big balls be…………….
- Roll the chena balls between your palms and keep all of them on a plate.
- Once water is boiled put all the Paneer balls in boiling chashni and close the lid.
- Cook on high flame until it simmers (whistle) once.
- After 1 whistle reduce the flame to medium heat and cook for 13-15 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and let it cool down completely. Once the pressure cooker cools down open the lid.
- Rajbhog Sweets have become puffy and doubled in size.
- Now take them out in a bowl and serve it.