- Almonds (badam) – 1 cup
- Fennel Seeds (saunf) – 1/2 cup
- Pistachio (Pista) – 1/3 cup
- Sugar or as per your taste – 1/4 cup
- Poppy Seeds (khuskhus) – 1 tbsp.
- Muskmelon Seeds – 1 tbsp.
- Black Pepper (whole or powder) – 1 tsp.
- Whole Cardamom or powder (Elaichi) -1 tbsp.
- A thread of Saffron (optional)
- Add almond, muskmelon seeds in a mixture jar along with half of the measured sugar and grind them finely.
- Sieve it to get fine powder of thandai.
- Few thick mixture seeds are left on the sieve.
- Put it back into the jar and add rest of the ingredients.
- Sieve it once again.
- You can use remaining thick powder of thandai for other recipe like sweet chila, drinks, etc..
- Add black pepper powder and mix everything well.
- Thandai powder is ready, you can store this powder into the refrigerator to be used later.