Hello friends, today I am sharing Republic Day Special Sweet dish. Hope you like it
- All – purpose flour (Maida) – 1 cup
- Food color (as per your choice)
- Ghee / Oil – 2 tsp.
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – 2 pinch
- Vegetable oil for Frying
- Add ghee into the maida and mix well.
- With help of water prepare the soft dough and knead thoroughly.
- Divide the dough into three equal parts, add colors and mix well.
- Take small portion from the dough and roll them into small balls.
- Now roll each one of them using a rolling pin of approximately 3-3 ½ inches in diameter.
- Stack them on top of each other .
- Leaving out around ½ cm from the outer edges, cut this into slices from the center towards the edges.
- Hold the strips from the end, while pressing it from the ends, curl them nicely till the end.
- Repeat the same process for rest of the dough balls and keep them aside.
- Heat the oil in the pan on medium heat and once oil is ready, fry all the Elo jhelo.
- When they start floating on the oil, just flip them to cook evenly. Fry until all the Elo Jhelo turns golden brown.
- Add sugar with 1/3 cup of water in another pan to make sugar syrup. Cook it until all the sugar dissolves into the water.
- Add cardamom powder into the pan.
- Check with your fingertip, when you see 1 thread of the sugar syrup between your fingertips, it means sugar syrup is ready.
Turn off the heat.
- Dip the fried Elo Jhelo into the sugar syrup for few seconds.
- Colorful Elo Jhelo is ready, transfer to another plate and allow it to become cold.