For chena –
- Whole milk – 1 liter
- Lemon – 1-2 (you can also use vinegar also)
For chasni –
- Sugar – 1/2 cup (as per your taste)
- Water – 2 cup
- Elaichi (Cardamom) powder – 2 pinch
For stuffing chom chom –
- Mawa / Khoya
- Pistachios (pista) for garnishing
- Food color as per your choice
- Boil 1 liter milk on medium heat. Once milk is boiled turn off the heat.
- Add lemon juice or vinegar and gently stir the milk.
- If the milk does not curdle within a short while, add little more lemon juice.
- Place a thin muslin cloth over the colander or any other container.
- Pour the curdle milk into the muslin cloth, drain all the water and squeeze off excess water.
- Add little water to the paneer to wash away the lemon flavor.
- Put paneer/chena on the plate and using your hand press for 5-6 minutes until chena becomes completely smooth (You can use blender also).
- Take the small portion of chena in your hand and shape them into oval shape.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and 2 cups of water into the utensil and let it boil.
- When chasni started boiling, put chena balls in boiling chashni.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes on high heat.
- Now chena balls are ready, turn off the heat.
- Take out chom chom from the chasni and allow it to cool down for few minutes.
- Crush the mava, add little sugar, few drops of food color and mix well.
- Take chom chom in your hand and slit it from center.
- Fill little stuffing into chom chom.
- Garnish with pistachios and prepare all chom chom in the same way.
- Stuffed Chom Chom is ready for serve…