- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Beetroot – 1 (peel and cut into small pieces)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Salt to taste
- Ajwain (carom) seeds – 1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Green chilly as par your taste
- Add ajwain seeds, salt, 1 tbsp oil into the wheat flour and mix well.
- Grind the beetroot, ginger and green chilly for few seconds to make a paste.
- Add grinded paste into the wheat flour and knead into a soft dough.
- You can add sufficient water to knead the dough.
- Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Take small portion of the dough and shape them into small ball.
- Sprinkle some dry flour and flatten the dough balls with a rolling pin to make Puri.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadhai on medium heat.
- Put Puri into hot oil, fry Puri till both sides turn little brown.
- Beetroot Puri is ready to serve.
- You can eat this with Baby potato curry.